August 8 is World Cat Day!
Here are some great ways to celebrate with your cat:
- Spoil your cat! Get your feline friend a new toy, a new bed, or a new scratching post.
- While your cat might not understand it’s for their own good you could also schedule a wellness vet visit for your cat. Catching problems early can help make for the best possible outcome. Keeping their vaccinations up to date is also important.
- Spend some extra time with your cat. Maybe they love to be brushed. Maybe they’d love some extra playtime. Take a little extra time to show your cat how much you love them.
If you don’t have a cat, and still want to show your love for felines:
- If you’d like to change that: adopt! You can find our pets up for adoption here.
- Visit the shelter and spend some time in the cat room. Most of our cats love the extra attention.
- From home:
- Make durable cat toys
- Make scratching posts
- Contact the shelter for other volunteering opportunities
Spread the word – help educate people on important pet information. Be sure to do your research.
- The importance of spaying and neutering your pets. It helps with overpopulation and can have health benefits for your pet.
- The benefits of keeping cats indoors – we have a great blog post on that here.
- Adopting is a great option when looking for a pet.
- Share cats (and dogs) up for adoption
- The problems with declawing cats. Did you know it’s actually an amputation?
- Microchipping can help get cats (and dogs) back home if they are lost. We also have a blog post on that here.