Poorly Drawn Pets 2023
November 14 @ 11:00 am - December 15 @ 5:00 pm
Looking for some new art for your home? Well we probably can’t help with that, but we will certainly try! CCHS staff and volunteers are taking donations to POORLY draw your pets. Make a donation of $20 per photo and one of us will attempt to draw your pets. You may get a gorgeous photo made by a real artist, but there is a really good chance you will get a sketch on the level of stick figures. We are all really great at taking care of animals, but our drawing skills… Well take a look at some of our examples and you will see what we mean. This fundraiser is meant to be fun and silly, not a guaranteed work of art.
- ANY type of pet is fine! We are just as bad at drawing birds and rabbits as we are at drawing cats and dogs.
- Scroll down and fill out the form below to enter. Payment ($20 per photo) and photo submissions will NOT be accepted on Facebook or anywhere else. *NOTE: submissions will be accepted November 13-December 15. Form will appear then.
- Please NO people. If there are people in the photo that’s fine, but we will not be drawing them, only the pets.
- Your “art” could come in the form of a painting, pencil drawing, crayon, digital or whatever the “artist” decides. Part of the fun is not knowing what you will get!
- Seriously most of us are TERRIBLE artists! Be prepared for some bad art, and please be a good sport.
- Costumes and other fun stuff are totally okay as long as your pet was not harmed in the making of the photo.
- Better quality photos are preferred, but let’s be honest. We are largely terrible artists, so it might not make much of a difference.
- This is a purely digital fundraiser. Once your “artwork” is completed we will email you the completed works.
* Note this was NOT an original idea by CCHS staff/volunteers. The Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter came up with the original idea.
**Timeline on portraits will depend on how many photos are submitted. We will do our best to make our terrible art quickly.
One of the reasons why we are really pushing PDP this year is we are hoping to get an expansion! We’ve raised some funds but not quite enough for the things we want and need. Our goal is to improve quality of life for shelter animals and staff, as well as offer some great things for the community. Our goal is to add a dedicated cat isolation room, more storage, and possibly break the multipurpose room into more than 1 space to meet animals, as well as a small kitchenette for the staff. We area also looking to add a pet wash station, which we can use for shelter critters, and the public by donation. A dedicated food pantry is also on our wish list. We’re working on a grant from Walmart to get pet supplies for members of the community going through a rough spot, so we are able to help them keep their pets. Please help us make our dreams come true! Smaller donations are also extremely helpful. https://www.cchumanesociety.com/donate/
Photos will be accepted November 13-December 15. Form will appear then. Please wait for that time to pay and submit photos.