Do you need to find a new home for your pet but don’t want to stress him or her out by bringing to a shelter? Would you like to decide who your animals is adopted by? If so, CCHS can help!
We will list your pet on our website and periodically feature them on our Facebook page at no cost to you.
By choosing to rehome your animal yourself you can:
- Be an active participant in the adoption process.
- Meet all potential adopters & talk to their references yourself.
- Less stress on your pet.
- Provide everything you know about your pet to a new family.
- Make the final decision. YOU get to choose the adoptive family for your pet!
Rules for Using the CCHS Home-to-home Program
- You are solely responsible for screening all potential adopters and finding the most appropriate, safe and loving home for your pet.
- CCHS must receive proof that your animal is spayed or neutered and has up-to-date vaccinations before being listed on our website. We will not list animals that aren’t spayed or neutered!!
- You are responsible for providing photos, biography and contact information to be listed. CCHS will only post your first name, phone number and email address. Last names and addresses will not be posted online.
- CCHS has the right to deny, refuse or edit any listing for any reason.
- Registration/Waiver form must be filled out completely and sent to CCHS with a biography of your animal and at least one photo. The form can be downloaded Here or digitally filled out below.
The Home-to-Home program isn’t for everyone and CCHS wants you to keep in mind that we are here to assist you in any way possible. If you are unable to keep your pet in your home, please call us at (906) 487-9560 so we can talk to you about bringing your animal to the shelter. Your animal will always be very well cared for while at CCHS and our staff and volunteers will do everything possible to make sure your pet is adopted into the most loving and best home for him/her.